Counseling Department » College Bound Athlete

College Bound Athlete


NCAA Eligibility

Student athletes must register with the NCAA Eligibility Center to be eligible to play NCAA Division I or II sports in college. Athletes playing Division III do not have to register.  The NCAA Eligibility Center certifies whether prospective college athletes are eligible to play sport at NCAA Division I or II institutions.  It does this by reviewing the student-athlete's academic record, SAT or ACT scores, and amateur status to ensure conformity with NCAA rules.  
The NCAA recommends that student-athletes register at the beginning of their junior year in high school, but many students register after their junior year.  There is no registration deadline, but students must be cleared by the Eligibility Center before they receive athletic scholarships or compete at a Division I or II institution.

College Bound Athlete Links:

 NCAA Eligibility Center(for registration and information)

List of Hempfield Area NCAA Approved Courses (enter school code 391576 for Hempfield Area)

College Bound Athlete Downloads